1. Skripak JM et al. The natural history of IgE-mediated cow’s milk allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007;120:1172−7.
2. World Allergy Organization (WAO) Diagnosis and Rationale for Action against Cow’s Milk Allergy (DRACMA) Guidelines. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2010;21 (Suppl 21):1−125.
3. Høst A. Frequency of cow’s milk allergy in childhood. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2002;89 (Suppl 1):33−7.
4. Høst A et al. A prospective study of cow milk allergy in Danish infants during the first 3 years of life. Clinical course in relation to clinical and immunological type of hypersensitivity reaction. Allergy 1990;45:587−96.
5. du Toit G et al. Identifying and managing cow’s milk protein allergy. Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 2010;95:134−44.
6. World Allergy Organization. IgE in Clinical Allergy and Allergy Diagnosis. Available at: http://www.worldallergy.org/professional/allergic_diseases_center/ige/ (accessed October 2011).
7. Sladkevicius E et al. Resource implications and budget impact of managing cow milk allergy in the UK. J Med Econ 2010;13:119−28.
8. Vandenplas Y et al. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of cow’s milk protein allergy in infants. Arch Dis Child 2007;92:902−8.
9. Hill DJ et al. The efficacy of amino acid-based formulas in relieving the symptoms of cow’s milk allergy: a systematic review. Clin Exp Allergy 2007;37: 808−22.
10. Vieira MC et al. A survey on clinical presentation and nutritional status of infants with suspected cow’ milk allergy. BMC Pediatr 2010;10:25.
11. Jensen VB et al. Bone mineral status in children with cow milk allergy. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2004:15:562−65.
12. Santos A et al. Predictive factors for the persistence of cow’s milk allergy. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2010;21:1127−34.
13. Grimshaw KE. Dietary management of food allergy in children. Proc Nutr Soc 2006;65:412−7.
14. Henriksen C et al Nutrient intake among two-year-old children on cows’ milk-restricted diets. Acta Paediatr 2000 Mar;89:272−8.
15. Noimark L et al. Nutritional problems related to food allergy in childhood. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2008;19:188−95.
16. Christie L et al. Food allergies in children affect nutrient intake and growth. J Am Diet Assoc 2002;102:1648−51.
17. Fox AT et al. Food allergy as a risk factor for nutritional rickets. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2004;15:566−9.
18. Aldámiz-Echevarría L et al. Fatty acid deficiency profile in children with food allergy managed with elimination diets. Acta Paediatr 2008;97:1572−6.
19. ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition. Soy protein infant formulae and follow-on formulae: a commentary by the ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2006;42:352−61.
20. Mofidi S. Nutritional management of pediatric food hypersensitivity. Pediatrics 2003;111 (6 Pt 3):1645−53.
21. Venter C et al. Session 1: Allergic disease: The challenges of managing food hypersensitivity. Proc Nutr Soc 2010;69:11−24.
22. Meyer R. New guidelines for managing cow’s milk allergy in infants. J Fam Health Care 2008;18:27−30.
23. Vanderhoof JA et al. Intolerance to protein Hydrolysate infant formulas: an underrecognized cause of gastrointestinal symptoms in infants. J Pediatr 1997; 131:741−4.
24. American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Nutrition. Hypoallergenic infant formulas. Pediatrics 2000;106 (2 Pt 1):346−9.
25. The Scientific Basis of Nutrition − A Synopsis of Dietary Reference Values. Available online at: http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/documents/scientificbas_nutreduc.pdf (accessed June 2011).
26. Reports of the Scientific Community for Food [Thirty-first series]. Nutrient and energy intakes for the European community. Luxembourg. Commission of the European Communities, 1993. Available online at: http://ec.europa.eu/food/fs/sc/scf/out89.pdf.
27. Braegger C et al, for the ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition. Practical approach to paediatric enteral nutrition: a comment by the ESPGHAN committee on nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010;51:110−22.
28. De Boissieu D et al. Allergy to extensively hydrolysed cow milk proteins in infants: identification and treatment with an amino-acid based formula. J Pediatr 1997;131:744−7.